Friday, May 2, 2008

Promise of Spring...

I hate to visit blogs daily and see the same thing looking back at me... I am sorry. I haven't felt very creative this week. But the sun has been shining a little and the weather has been a little warmer... hence the Promise of Spring.
Monday night Kaelyn and I went running together- fun. It was raining a little and a the cutest little puppy wouldn't quit following us.. We asked a few people up and down our path if they knew who she might belong to- but no one did. The rain started coming down heavier and she was already so drenched and cold that we decided to take her home. Now Kaelyn had already named her by the time we got home. Coco... you can see where this is going right??? I called the vet and checked Craigslist to see if anyone was missing their puppy. Checked back in the area we found her the following day for signs... nothing. Then thought oh my we just got ourselves a 3rd dog. My little Ethan had fallen in love and asked a million times "Mom, can we PLeeeease keep her?" Then I got a text from Heidi that her husband saw a sign on his run for her. Oh the heartache my kids had. I have to admit I was a little or a lot sad too. Ethan and Kaelyn went with Dalton to take her home. Ethan was so big after crying alligator tears for over an hour. We went and got ice cream that night after church to makes us all feel better. Here is a picture of the cutest little girly pup.





I did finally make a card today and I do love it. It is bright and cheery. It is an older promo set CTMH had last year. I love the size of the flowers in it. This is a birthday card for my mother in law. I have to get busy and finish all my gifts that I am taking next week back to Oklahoma. My brother and sister-n-law are graduating college. Just saying that makes me feel so old. I know I am not ancient. But first he goes and gets married and now he'll officially be all grown up!! I can remember sitting in our rocking chair with my pink footed jams and him in the car seat carrier in front of me. I rocked us both that way. Crazy to imagine him so grown up!! I can't imagine what my parents feel. Really old!!! Hee hee. So enough chatter you came for the card!!



oooh... updated card. It needed a little something once I saw it on the screen. I added piercing in the corner with the words "celebrate" and a little tag at the botton. I also crumpled the edges of the flower just a little.




Colors: Honey, Sweet Leaf, Holiday Red/ Stamps: Promise of Spring, Serendipity/Ribbon: CTMH Cranberry grosgrain & photo hanger pewter CTMH/ Stickles & CTMH Clear Detailed EP

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This turned out super cute! I love the bright vibrant colors and while I think it looked fine before you made the changes, I absolutely love the changes!