Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Fun and a Card...

Now that I have recovered from the weekend and done my laundry and cleaned house I can post about the weekend...
Well, we had a blast at the ocean this weekend. It was beautiful and just so fun to get away from everyday life and spend great quality time all together. Our church does an anual Family Camp at Ocean Shores and I am so glad we went. I have some great pictures to share with you. The time we spent down at the beach was really pretty. It was so windy and the fog was still hovering over part of the beach just before the water. From the room it looked as though the wind was blowing the sand. But when we got down there we realized it was fog!! So silly.
Ethan was absolutely enthralled with the beach and sand. He at first didn't so much like the feel of the sand in his toes or the wet soft packed sand moving beneath him but once he let go of it all he just loved it. We hunted for sea shells and found sand dollars and crabs. He brought back a bucket of water and half crab shells to show Kae and Brooke and told them his went crabbin'... It was so fun.
The temperature was just perfect too. It was only about 65 during the day so a light jacket was definately a plus but even still down on the beach in the sun it felt perfect!! The wind made it a definate place to bring your kites. The kids or should I say DAD had so much fun flying the kites. Even when one got off it's holder D went and ran for it and put it all back together. We can't wait to go back.

Dalton flying the kites with the kids...


I am so CUTE!!


The boys walking in the fog...


"I am going to fill the bucket with the big wave guys!!"


"Look at the crab sleeping mom" He didn't know it was only the top half of the shell.


The waves started coming further, faster, and stronger... the kids loved jumping over each roll. There was no swimming allowed so this was as good as it got.


Dalton and I...


Brookelyn and I...


Kaelyn and Brookelyn playing together...


Brookelyn had been stamping for fun before we left for the weekend and was using one of my favorite old wooden sets I saved. I had to make a card using it. Not a typical catd I would make and I am not really sure where the idea even came from but it is a cutie.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Jena said...

What fun pics - looks like a blast!

Kariberry said...

Nice pics and what a fun day! I love the ocean. We don't have any around here. Thanks for visiting and for your nice comment! :)